Saturday, March 17, 2007

Homemade Hot Chocolate or Mocha

This has been a nice treat (a favorite indulgence) of mine this winter. Dry milk is not the most nutritious, but it's easy to have on hand, making this an easy AND convenient hot dessert drink or anytime treat. (If I had fresh goat's milk on hand I would use it rather than dry milk.)

Ingredients (for one large serving): 1/3 cup dry milk, 1 tbsp unsweetened (baking) cocoa, sweetener to taste (1 tbsp sugar, 1 pkg powdered stevia, 1 tsp maple syrup, etc.), hot water (8 oz. or to taste).

Blend well and enjoy!

(I use my over-sized coffee mugs and my hand mixer and blend right in the mugs, but you could always blend it up in a bowl or use a blender, and then pour it over into your serving mugs.)

To make a homemade mocha, use fresh brewed double-strength coffee rather than water. Tonight I made us cinnamon mochas; I put cinnamon both in the coffee pot with the grounds and some extra in the mugs with the powder mixture. Yum!

No comments: